Monday, 6 August 2012

life is good when you dance all night



It's been such a gloriously sunny week and a bit where I live, so have been making the most of the beach and my garden, as well as getting a weeny bit addicted to the Olympics - I love the growing sense of national pride and everyone does seem to be happier because of it! Four days that weren't so sunny however were the four I spent at Latitude festival last month(a month already?!), but we were determined not to let mud-caked wellies and soggy tents dampen our spirits. The first night we were very disappointing teenagers and had an early night due to stressful traveling and torrential rain, but woke to an action-packed day of theatre (me being the theatre nerd I am spent 3 hours in the theatre tent...), beautiful music and dancing in the woods. Having not been to a festival before, I spent the whole time walking around in awe at the gorgeous setting and gorgeous stalls exclaiming "this is amazing!"/"this is so exciting!/"I want to live here!" much to the annoyance of my friends but it really was lovely!

It was so nice to be in an environment with so many like minded people, and having the chance to see amazing acts all in one arena - from Bon Iver to Rufus Wainwright, Laura Marling to Elbow, as well as discovering some fab new music that I would never have discovered otherwise. Even the smaller acts on the other side of the arena were brilliant, but to be honest I wouldn't have really minded in the somewhat euphoric state I spent my weekend in, I was in heaven.



What I enjoyed most about the four days was probably the enormous sense of freedom and safety I felt when I was there, and being able to be myself completely without worrying about what people thought of me or if I looked 'right'. The proof is in my, umm, unique dancing in the forest until the early hours of the morning with the trees lit up and smiles on everyone's faces. I have definitely got the festival bug now, and cannot wait to go to End of the Road festival at the end of the month for more folky fun!

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are this week!

Listen to: 'Life is Good Blues' - Laura Veirs
Wear: Wellies
Eat: Scotch Pancakes

3 comments:

  1. lovely photos! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go to Latitude!! (and have done for so long) It just seems like the loveliest festival. I'm glad you had a good time! :-)

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had such amazing time <3 Those pictures are great !
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and reading my rambling-your comments always make my day! x